Snakes & Ladders Game
Snakes & Ladders Game
Climb to Emotional Maturity
The School of Life has taken Snakes and Ladders and turned it into a great game about emotional life: the ladders represent all those moments when you learn how to be more of a grown-up, the snakes the times when you end up acting, against your better nature, like a tantrum-prone toddler.
Depending on where you land, you pick up cards that outline, with humour and wisdom, the ingredients of emotional maturity - and ask you to share insights from your own life. As we play, were entertained, amusingly educated and subtly invited to continue to try to grow up - a goal that, as the game kindly implies, none of us ever quite master completely.
- Start the game from the bottom left-hand square, marked number 1, and go to the top left-hand square, marked number 100. The first to finish wins.
- Every player chooses a coloured counter. Take it in turns to roll the dice, with the youngest player starting. On your turn, move your counter forward the number of spaces shown on the dice.
- The board is accompanied by two packs of cards: one with the snakes on the back, one with ladders on the back. Shuffle both packs before starting the game. If your counter lands at the bottom of a ladder on the board, pick up one of the ladder cards and read it out to the group: it'll specify one of the stages of emotional maturity - and ask you a big question. Answer it, then move up to the top of the ladder.
- If your counter lands at the top of a snake on the board, pick up one of the snake cards and read it out to the group: it'll specify one of the stages of emotional immaturity - and ask you a big question. Answer it, then slide down to the bottom of the snake.
- The first person who can advance their counter to the square marked with the number 100 is the winner - that is, they have made all the right moves towards emotional maturity in the fastest time. We suggest rolling the exact number to land on the 100 square to finish.
- The game offers us a chance to reflect on our own always tenuous hold on emotional maturity. Discuss frankly with the other players some of the ways in which you have been either mature or immature over the years. What have you learnt about becoming a more psychologically grown-up person? What still trips you up to this day?
Snakes & Ladders Game Contains Game Board, 26 Snake Cards, 26 Ladder Cards, 6 Counters, 2 Dice | 197 x 197 x 35mm | Instructions included | Suitable for 14 years +
la gente está mirando este producto
Tiempo de entrega estimado for items in stock is 3 to 5 days within UK please visit Our Shipping Policy for the International time in dias
Shipping & Return Policies
Shipping charges for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout.
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
The cost is 3.99 for Standards orders in UK are processed within 3-5 business days. Please keep in mind that the orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. Due the covid-19 situation might be some delays.
Right now International Shipping it is not available. We are working to find the best deals to offer a good rate. But please feel free to write to us and we can check any query for you.
Customs, Duties and Taxes
Daily Mind is not responsible for any customs and taxes applied to your order. All fees imposed during or after shipping are the responsibility of the customer (tariffs, taxes, etc.).
For urgent orders in UK or International please contact us and we will do our best to help find a solution.
Daily Mind is not liable for any products damaged or lost during shipping. If you received your order damaged, please contact the shipment carrier to file a claim.
Please save all packaging materials and damaged goods before filing a claim.
We hope you’ll love Daily Mind’s products as much as we do, however, if you wish to return or exchange an item that you purchase on our website, you have 30 days after the purchase date.
In order to proceed a return of your purchase, please contact us not later than 30 days after the purchase date.
Once we receive your interest to return and item, we will review your case, and get back as fast as we can. In the meanwhile, you will receive further instructions if we need you provide more information or will send you instructions how to return the item by post.