BlA set of 25 polished translucent acrylic blocks with a plane mirror, work cards and teacher’s notes included. The smooth colourful tactile blocks are designed to enable children to build patterns and sequences as well as create imaginative pictures:
- Regular polygons to help with mathematical language and the understanding of shapes and forms (square, triangle, oblong, circle, ellipse)
- Irregular shapes to enable more complex pictures to be made and to encourage a rich diversity of language such as wave, zigzag, arch, bridge etc
- Plane mirror for children to build patterns and see the effects of reflective symmetry
- Coloured and clear blocks so children can see the world in a different hue, overlay them to mix new colour combinations and use them on a light panel
- 15 pupil work cards from simple ideas to more complex challenges. There are pictures to copy in 2D or 3D, shape sequences to solve and ideas for reflective symmetry work.
- Teacher’s guide including background information, suggested activities to try, questions to ask the children and extension ideas.
Set includes 25 blocks, 15 A4 work cards, 1 acrylic plane mirror and a teachers' guide, stored in a robust card box with key guide and foam inserts to protect the blocks.
Supports the following areas of learning:
• Understanding the World - colour
• Physical Development - motor skills
• Maths - shape & space
• Personal Development - collaborative play
• Communication & Language - descriptive language
2016 Nursery World Awards - Finalist
(Equipment Birth to Fives category)
2016 PPS Silver Award Winner
(Teacher Resources, Equipment & Tools category)
PPS Awards - what the testers said:
"Lovely, bright, translucent colours that were immediately appealing and awesome on the lightbox! Tactile shapes and the addition of the mirror extended the learning and play value."
Colour Acrylic Block Set - Pack of 25 SpecificationSize of mirror: 160 x 320mm. Largest block height: 80mm. By TickITAge: Suitable from 3 years.