The Marriage Box 18+
The Marriage Box 18+
20 cards containing the secrets to a successful long-term union.
Our society typically devotes huge attention to the start of a marriage and particularly to the actual wedding ceremony. But the real challenge lies beyond the wedding, with the long years ahead and here we are too often left on our own.
This box is The School of Life's guide to the rest of a life together, containing twenty beautiful cards which lay out the central ideas on how to make a relationship work over the decades beyond the wedding day. It is filled with artful suggestions on coping with what even the most loving couple will face as they build a life together. This set of cards is both a celebration of marriage and a rich source of insights into the skills it demands.
Quotes from the cards:
- In Praise of Compromise: 'Couples who compromise are not the enemies of love: they may be at the vanguard of understanding what lasting relationships truly demand and what they are for. They deserve admiration, not condemnation.'
- On Sex and Marriage:The waning of sex is far more than we collectively admit a sign that a marriage is stabilising, not failing. If we more publically admitted this, wed be less panicked, less ashamed and a little less resentful when the sex got less intense and less frequent.'
- On Sulking: 'We should never hold it against our partners that they need to have our intentions and feelings explained to them very patiently and without aggression. The real sign of love is not magical insight; it is the willingness to explain and to listen calmly.'
- On Other People's Marriages: 'Our sense of whether of our own marriage is going well or badly is subtly but powerfully dependent on our mental picture of what marriages in general tend to be like.'
- On the Weakness of Strengths: 'We should always strive to see peoples weaknesses as the inevitable downside of certain merits that drew us to them, and from which we will benefit at other points (even if none of these benefits are apparent right now). What we're seeing are not their faults, pure and simple, but rather the shadow side of things that are genuinely good about them.'
20 cards in a premium gift box | 220 x 158 x 25mm
people are currently looking at this product
Estimated delivery time for items in stock is 3 to 5 days within UK please visit Our Shipping Policy for the International time in days
Shipping & Return Policies
Shipping charges for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout.
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
The cost is 3.99 for Standards orders in UK are processed within 3-5 business days. Please keep in mind that the orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
Right now International Shipping it is not available. We are working to find the best deals to offer a good rate. But please feel free to write to us and we can check any query for you.
Customs, Duties and Taxes
Daily Mind is not responsible for any customs and taxes applied to your order. All fees imposed during or after shipping are the responsibility of the customer (tariffs, taxes, etc.).
For urgent orders in UK or International please contact us and we will do our best to help find a solution.
Daily Mind is not liable for any products damaged or lost during shipping. If you received your order damaged, please contact the shipment carrier to file a claim.
Please save all packaging materials and damaged goods before filing a claim.
We hope you’ll love Daily Mind’s products as much as we do, however, if you wish to return or exchange an item that you purchase on our website, you have 30 days after the purchase date.
In order to proceed a return of your purchase, please contact us not later than 30 days after the purchase date.
Once we receive the completed Return Form, we will open your case, study and get back as fast as we can. In the meanwhile, you will receive further instructions if we need you provide more information or will send you instructions how to return the item by post.